Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: "altec lansing professional" CD1012-8A

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member charlesmc75's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 5th, 2005
    Posts
    19
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    "altec lansing professional" CD1012-8A

    Does gpa make these?

    http://www.altecpro.com/pdfs/CD1012%...t%20PRELIM.pdf


    They look identical to gpa's 212-8a. They come in two different flavors, one with a 60w 70/100v transformer (CD1012-60T), and one without. Both have a "donut" crossover which is probably crap. The reason why i ask is i found some cheap ones.

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: "altec lansing professional" CD1012-8A

    I can't say for sure, but when I've seen new "Altec" products on Ebay, and even in a few of their product sheets, it's possible to see "Made in China".
    Audio_by_Goodwill
    Michigan, USA

  3. #3
    Inactive Member charlesmc75's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 5th, 2005
    Posts
    19
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: "altec lansing professional" CD1012-8A

    I was comparing the theile parameters on the pdf's, they are not the same. Not enough information in altec's pdf to run the numbers through WinISD. I was just being hopefull. I didn't even think about the possibility of those being a made in china copy, which is likely. In which case i would have to say..."pass" I would gladly pay full price to support gpa. So off to put another penny in the piggy bank

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member oface1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 5th, 2008
    Posts
    563
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: "altec lansing professional" CD1012-8A

    I remember someone asking about the 212 versus the 604's.....

    I have seen these on ebay from this guy.....(no affiliation of course)

    ALTEC LANSING 12" DUPLEX LOUD SPEAKER 920-8A - eBay (item 230334758512 end time May-01-09 10:01:13 PDT)

    He seems to have a few and for $50/ea, you could try for cheap, but with them being in NOLA, no telling on the real condition though.......

    Scratch that , he has only one left..........sorry , I remember when he had about 50 at one point.....


    -chris

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member
    "altec lansing professional"  CD1012-8A


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Re: "altec lansing professional" CD1012-8A

    I'd have to class it as a "decent" speaker...

    The pair I tried out didn't say "made in China" on them, but I wouldn't vouch for any other pairs..

    Not optimized for Hi-fi performance in the lows. You'd need a sub...

    Frankly, I'd love a few for compact stage wedges...

    There is an overstock place that had them for like 300 bucks new...
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member ToninoMontreal's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 21st, 2009
    Posts
    1
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: "altec lansing professional" CD1012-8A

    I am looking for a pair of this, but could not find it anywhere. Would you advise where I could find it?
    Thanks!

    Tony

  7. #7
    Senior Hostboard Member GM's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2002
    Location
    Chamblee, Ga.
    Posts
    4,967
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)

    Re: "altec lansing professional" CD1012-8A

    Quote Originally Posted by charlesmc75 View Post
    Not enough information in altec's pdf to run the numbers through WinISD.
    Sure there is, let the driver editor calc the missing parameters, though I did cheat a bit, using the 212-8A's 'Sd' to save time since even if it's off a bit it won't audibly affect box design: http://www.hometheatershack.com/foru...-cd1012-8a.wdr

    GM
    Loud is Beautiful if it's Clean! As always though, the usual disclaimers apply to this post's contents.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.